MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 3RD MAY 2018 IN THOMAS HERD HOUSE, WARD ROAD, DUNDEE.
PRESENT: Erik Cramb, Anne Farrow, Lillian Malcolm, Sandy Cameron, Denise Cameron, Jan Goodall, Dorothy Wilson, Carole Craig, Denis Bethell, Bill Varney.
APOLOGIES: Fiona Finlayson, Heather Flood, Christine Wilson.
1. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:
The minutes of the meeting held on 5th April 2018 were approved.
2. MATTERS ARISING:
2.1. (Re minute 3.1). Ramps. Sandy has spoken to Graham Angus at Shopmobility who is happy to store and lend out the ramps. Sandy has drafted a letter to Graham thanking him for his help and stating that neither he nor Shopmobility will be held responsible should the ramps get damaged or stolen. Sandy has also drafted a form to be signed by those borrowing the ramps stating that neither we nor Shopmobility will be responsible for problems arising when the ramps are in their possession.
It was agreed that we were now ready to advertise that we have these ramps available. It was suggested we produce posters and advertise on Shopmobility’s and Dundee Council’s websites and in various newsletters.
2.2. (Re minute 3.2). Website. Anne has written to Craigie High School.
2.3. (Re minute 3.3). DES. Erik received a letter from the Convenor of the Board of DES stating that she was sharing information about OSCR’s finding ‘in strictest confidence’ and that she felt that the minute 4.4 from our February 2018 minutes was incorrect. We felt that she should be sharing the information openly and not ‘in strictest confidence’ and that our minute was accurate, so there was no point in pursuing the matter further.
2.4. (Re minute 3.4). Wellgate. Geoff Finlay, the chaplain for the Wellgate Centre, has replied saying that there are no plans to make alterations in the Wellgate Centre until decisions were made about its longer-term future.
3 OTHER AGENDA ITEMS:
3.1 Treasurer’s Report. Sandy said that we had received another donation from the St Katharine’s Fund.
4.1 ALLIANCE Weekly Bulletin.
4.2 Inclusion Scotland E-bulletins and newsletter.
4.3 On 4/4/18 Health & Social Care Budget 2018 - 2019 Decisions.
4.4 On 10/4/18 invitation to BRAW (Biking, Riding and Walking) Dundee, Outdoor Access Forum AGM 23rd April.
4.5 On 13/4/18 from Disability Equality Scotland asking for info for their next Open Door publication.
Anne supplied details which appeared in their next Open Door issue.
4.6 On 27/4/18 from DES sending Open Door Issue 48.
4.7 On 29/4/18 from Inclusion Scotland asking if we want to stay on their mailing list.
Anne replied saying we do.
4.8 On 29/4/18 from Anne Farrow. DES suggests all Access Groups should have a logo and should be using social media. DES says they would design a logo for us with our input. and Christine Wilson has a friend, Barry Robertson, from Robertson Signs, who helped us out previously with our ramp signs, and she’s sure he'd be happy to help us design a logo. DES will provide training for social media if we want it.
4.9 On 30/4/18 from Scott Mands forwarding info re Lochee Social Hub and Olympia.
5.1 DES suggests all Access Groups should have a logo and should be using social media.
We now agree that we should have a logo and that the logo should include a photo of Dundee and symbols indicating we represent all disabilities. Christine has suggested we ask Barry Robertson to design a logo for us. Carole will ask Christine to put her in touch with Barry.
It was decided that using social media is beyond the scope of our group at present.
5.2 Dorothy was pleased to inform us that work had started on the Regional Performance Centre for Sport.
5.3 Carole said that she had experienced so many problems trying to book 1st Class tickets for Hannah, her family and carers to travel to Manchester that they have decided to drive there. Erik has offered to contact STV to highlight her problems.
5.4 Bill asked about tactile paving in the new Dundee railway station. Dorothy will ask Gerry Conway if final decisions have been made.
5.5 The 2018 AGM of Dundee Access Group will be held on 31st May 2018.
6 DATE OF NEXT MEETING.
The next meeting will follow the 2018 AGM which is at 12.45 on Thursday 31st May 2018 in Thomas Herd House, 10 - 12 Ward Road, Dundee, DD1 1LX.
ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
c/o Dundee Carers Centre