DUNDEE ACCESS GROUP

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 29th MAY 2018 IN THOMAS HERD HOUSE, WARD ROAD, DUNDEE.

 

 

PRESENT:Erik Cramb, Carole Craig, Anne Farrow, Lillian Malcolm, Denis Bethell, Sandy Cameron, Denise Cameron.

 

APOLOGIES:Dorothy Wilson, Heather Flood, Bill Varney, Michael Leeland.

 

 

1.     MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:

 

The minutes of the meeting held on 3rd May 2018 were approved.

 

 

2.   MATTERS ARISING:

 

2.1.          (Re minute 2.1) Ramps. Sandy has produced the paperwork needed for our ramps to be borrowed through Shopmobility. Anne has given Shopmobility a poster saying that our ramps are now available and can be borrowed from Shopmobility. Euanís Guide now have on their Dundee page details of how to borrow the ramps. And Erik was pleased to report that the photo in The Courier had attracted attention and both ramps are at present loaned out. We decided to do no further advertising at present and review the situation when we next meet in September.

 

2.2.          (Re minute 2.2) Website. Information about the ramps has been added to our website. Anne will get back in touch with Craigie High School about them contributing to our website.

 

2.3.          (Re minute 2.3) DES. Erik received a letter from Morven Brooks, The Chief Executive Officer of DES and he will reply to it.

 

2.4.          (Re minute 5.1) Logo. We were very pleased to receive logo design suggestions from Barry Robertson. We considered the comments that those who couldnít attend the meeting had made and chose the design everyone preferred. Anne will write to Barry asking if it could possibly include a wheelchair symbol. One member of the group thought that getting a logo was not worth doing.

 

2.5.          (Re minute 5.3) Trains. STV did not contact Carole and now the government has taken over the running of Virgin Trains.

 

 

3.     CORRESPONDENCE:

 

†††††† By e-mail

 

3.1                 ALLIANCE weekly bulletins.

 

3.2                 Inclusion Scotland E-bulletin.

 

3.3                 On 1/5/18 Dundee TSI Newsletter - March Issue.

 

3.4                 On 4/5/18 Disability Equality Scotland - Newsletter - Issue 5.

 

3.5                 On 9/5/18 Dundee City Council Funding Newsletter May 2018.

 

3.6                 On 9/5/18 from DES re event they are hosting in partnership with Transport Scotland about access to transport in rural areas.

 

3.7                 On 9/5/18 a consultation on taxi provision in Dundee sent on behalf of Dundee Council.

 

3.8                 On 11/5/18 from Euanís Guide saying every disabled access review counts.

 

3.9                 On 12/5/18 etc from Barry Robertson re logo design.

 

3.10              On 23/5/18 from Euanís Guide saying that they had now added to their Dundee page the info that DAG have ramps which can be borrowed from Shopmobility in Dundee.

 

3.11              On 24/5/18 from PAMIS thanking us for our email sent on 7/5/18 congratulating them on their success at having a changing places toilet installed in the new Dundee railway station.

 

3.12              On 25/5/18 from DES sending their Access Panel Conference 2018 Summary Report.

 

3.13              On 25/5/18 from Graham Angus saying that as a result of our advertising in The Courier one set of ramps has been loaned out.

 

3.14              On 27/5/18 via DES sending info re Scottish Government Consultation: Democracy Matters - Your Community. Your Ideas. Your Future.

 

 

4.     A.O.B.

 

4.1            Carole received a request from Roseangle Nursery to assess the ramp at their new extension. She and Hannah Craig visited and were happy to report favourably. The Access Group would like to thank Hannah for all the help she gives us.

 

4.2            Carole will get in touch with Sarah Craig who organises outdoor concerts in Dundee for Dundee Council. She will ask that when she organises such concerts in future she asks PAMIS to provide a Mobiloo on site.

 

4.3            Carole said that there had been an article in ABLE magazine saying how disabled-friendly Dundee is.

 

4.4            Erik said that the Scottish Government has now decreed that there should be no charge for the funerals of those under 16. This is one of the suggestions that Dundee Funeral Poverty Action Group made.

 

 

 

5. ††DATE OF NEXT MEETING.

 

The next meeting of Dundee Access Group will be held at 12.45 in Thomas Herd House, 10 - 12 Ward Road, Dundee, DD1 1LX on 6th September 2018.

 

 

ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE

 

†††††††††††††† c/o Dundee Carers Centre

††††††††††††††††† Seagate House

††††††††††††††††† 124 Seagate

††††††††††††††††† Dundee†††

††††††††††††††††† DD1 2HB

 

††††††††††† ††††† web: www.dundeeaccessgroup.co.uk

 

††††††††††††††††† e-mail: dundeeaccessgroup.org@hotmail.co.uk